As I was really praying and asking God to mold me into a better wife, I believe He led me to 1 Peter. As I was reading through this book I wrote down 6 things that I am going to work on and pray that the Holy Spirit will change in me. These are taken from 1 Peter 2:23 - 4:2:
1. Respect Matt by my words to him and about him to others.
2. Do not retaliate with insults when I am hurt. Leave room for God to work. Choose to bless instead.
3. Be quiet and let the Holy Spirit do His job. I only get in the way.
4. Do not fear what decisions Matt might make, trust in the Lord to take care of me and our children.
5. Pray for a gentle and quiet spirit. That I would have a tender heart towards Matt and a humble attitude.
6. Seek to be a peacemaker within our family and not to just have my way. Seek not my own desires but God's will.
I will let ya'll know how this not only changes me but my family as well! : )