Monday, August 6, 2012

No more control

I have read Romans at least 10 times and for some reason this past week it feels like the 1st time I have ever seen it!  I want to say I am NO bible scholar...not even close...I know so little...but I do know God's word is SO powerful.  Like I said in an earlier post, I want to remember what God is teaching me right now so I blog about it.  : )

I am just going to type out the verses that really spoke to me deep in my heart and that I have actually used in training my children.  I try to make sure I don't tell them to "be better" but to pray and ask God to use HIS Holy Spirit inside them to change them.  Just like me, sometimes my children feel like they are never going to overcome the sin in them.  They obviously won't completely til heaven BUT they (like me) need to remember sin lost it's control over us when Christ died for us.

"...have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death?  For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism.  And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.  We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives.  We are no longer slaves to sin.  For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.  Do not let sin control the way you live, do not give in to sinful desires.  And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.  I want to do what is right, but I can't.  I want to do what is good, but I don't.  I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.  Oh, what a miserable person I am!  Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death?  Thank God!  The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord.."          Romans 6:3,4,6,7,12 & 7:18,19,24,25




No comments:

Post a Comment