Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pain, hair, & Dr. appt

I wanted to give a little update on my meds.  I was starting to wean myself off of them and it was actually going great.  I was down to about 30% of what I had been taking, AND I even had a massage on Tuesday where she massaged my feet and it wasn't unbearable....but then Wednesday came!  Sorry to any guy reading this, but Wed morning my "monthly cycle" started.  Now they are normally pretty painful but this was crazy....I seriously thought I was going to end up in the ER.  I was literally sobbing on my bed.  I don't know what happened, but my feet, legs, and stomach were all extremely hurting at the same time.  Long (and probably complaining too much) story short, I had to go right back on my meds.  : ( 
So where does hair fit into all this?!  Well one is that I have been losing quite a bit of hair everyday for the past two weeks.  So much so that my husband asked me if I got a haircut!  Not quite sure what is up with that.  It is also very dry, which has never happened before either.  The other part of this "hair" blog is a funny story.  I took my 7 yr old son to get his hair cut at a local cosmetology school.  I go there sometimes cuz haircuts are like $5.  So we get there, and he has never been there before, so he asks me if this was a girl place (I think he said that because it was all decorated and had hair products out everywhere).  So I explain to him that it was a school to learn to cut hair.  He then asks if they practice on wigs.  I said yes and on people like him.  So then he looks at me and slowly says, "So I guess that means my hair isn't going to be perfect."  I started laughing and said maybe not, BUT it is only costing me $5!  Plus, I figured if it was horrible, we could just go home and buzz it....that is the great thing about boys.  : )     
Last but not least, I have a doctor's appt tomorrow with a "functional medicine" health care provider.  This is similar to a natural doctor.  I have been wanting to go to this doctor for a long time so I am excited about this appt.  If you want to understand a little more about functional medicine and how it differs from conventional medicine, check out their web site www.functionalmedicine.org.  I really recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment