I really want this blog to not only be for those with MS or for the family of those with MS. Of course this is a big part of my blog and my life but not the main part. The main part of my life is my relationship with Jesus. After that is my husband, my children, my parents, the rest of my family, etc... MS does affect these relationships but not as much as it used to. Why? Because of my hope! Hope that I will be healed, and if not healed then my hope in Christ to get me through. Everyone has hurts, everyone needs hope and encouragement, everyone needs ideas or tips or advice to get them started in the right direction, and everyone needs grace when the mess up. On Mother's Day I came up with this saying.... "I never fail, I just leave room for improvement!"
I will be having a lot of information about food and your health. I will most likely have a separate "tab" so that info will be in one spot to come back to. Be ready to be challenged in this area of food but also be ready to feel GREAT!!!
But first I want to share some great tips I wrote down from a sermon I listened to this morning.
When you are hurting (physically, mentally, something done to you, etc.):
1. Don't use that as an excuse for lack of self-control. Examples...eat whatever you want, say whatever you want, behave however you want....you get the idea. If you are talking to your children all nasty because you don't feel well and then someone you want to impress (friend, pastor, whoever) comes to your door you will quickly straighten up. If you have the self-control then, then you can have it anytime! : )
2. Don't withdraw or isolated yourself from others, sulk, or feel sorry for yourself. You can't be pitiful and powerful at the same time. Let your life be an example to others. Becoming upset because you feel alone only adds to your hurt.
3. Don't believe that God is punishing you for your past sins. Of course there are natural consequences for sin.....you speed and you have to pay a fine, or you steal and you have to go to jail for a certain amount of time. But when you confess your sins, God forgives you and forgets. He is not sitting around with a list of all you have done wrong and punishing you over and over again!
4. Don't give up and think there is no way out. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6)....if you are lost then start there to find your way.
5. Keep your commitments and your word. There are days that something does happen to keep us from fulfilling our commitment but even then call and don't just not show up. But truthfully many times we just don't "feel" like it or it isn't "easy" for us and we decide to stay home instead. God always keeps His promises and for those of us who are Christians, we are to be an example of Him to others. For those who are not Christians....no one forced you to say yes or volunteer so keep your promises as well! : )
6. Fight against the hurt and do something good for someone else. There is such a healing power when we take the focus off ourselves and help someone else.
I know that life can be hard and we do need someone we can vent to and lean on, but it is not good to stay there....and btw....all that I blog about I am saying right back at myself because I need to remember this as well!! : )