Thursday, June 14, 2012

But they don't deserve it

As I have been reading this Jonah study one of the points is that Jonah ran from God.  Now he physically ran, and since I am still sitting here, I am not guilty of that right?  Or am I?!

Running from God can be internally as much as it is externally.  In fact for me that is the case.  Isaiah 29:13, "Then the Lord said, 'because this people draw near with their words and honor Me with their lip service, but they remove their hearts far from Me, and their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote.' "  Basically these people (ME) are just going through the motions. 

Not only can I just "go through the motions" but I can also justify it in my mind.  If I don't think they deserve what God is asking me to do then I think I can choose to disobey.  Am I out of my mind?!  : )

"Lord, thank you that in your goodness you reveal my sin, my ugliness to me.  Please don't leave me this way.  Thank you that even though I did not and could not ever deserve your Son you sent Him anyway for me.  Amen."   

No comments:

Post a Comment