Thursday, June 28, 2012

No complaining

For the past week or so I have felt God tell me "no complaining."  That I am to literally cast all my cares, fears, worries, complaints, etc on him and no one else.  What?!  Who is going to fix everything then or tell me what to do?  Well....he is! 

This doesn't mean I am supposed to be fake and never share my struggles....but asking for prayer because I am weak and complaining are different.  And sometimes it is actually hard to know the difference.

There is a saying I learned years ago that keeps coming into my head "Throne before Phone."  I am to bring my life before his throne before I pick up the phone to tell someone else.  This can be a lot easier said then done! 

How can I remember to do this?  By hiding God's word in my heart. (Psalm 119:9 & 11)

"Do everything without complaining or arguing"     Phil 2:14

"O Lord, I am calling to you.  Please hurry!  Listen when I cry to you for help!"     Psalm 141:1

"Take control of what I say, O Lord, and guard my lips."     Psalm 141:3

"I cry out to the Lord; I plead for the Lord's mercy.  I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.  When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn.  Then I pray to you, O Lord.  I say, 'You are my place of refuge, You are all I really want in life.'"   Psalm 142:1,2,3a & 5

No comments:

Post a Comment