Sunday, June 10, 2012

Slow down

I can look over my journals of the past 10+ years and there is a constant theme...I need to slow down.  I would journal that and pray for it and maybe do good for a few days and then the "Martha" would come out in me again.  I know that this is one of the many reasons God allowed me to get sick.  I have to slow down.  So why is it that I can forget that so easily?!  I will literally push myself to the point that my feet burn so bad that it is like I am not taking any medicine at all.  Why do I feel guilty when I sit?  This is not from the Lord.  I was reading in Pslam 34 and verse 11 made me stop, confess my sin of busyness, and beg the Lord to fill in my gaps.  It reads, "Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord."  How can my children listen to me....how can I teach them if I am not available?  Father I pray you will bring me to my knees even more if that is the only way I will stop and be available to train up my children in your ways.  Thank you for the gift they are and let your Sprit be strong in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment