Monday, April 16, 2012

Journal entries

Not sure why I want to share my last weeks journal entries. I think because in doing so I want to be honest about my weaknesses and not be ashamed that I am not perfect and have it all together. I don't want my pride to be my biggest downfall. God says His strength is shown through our weaknesses and I want to trust in that. Also God has just given me some amazing verses to memorize and I will add them in as I did in my entries if ya'll wanna look them up! : ) Apr 8th Lord we need to be diligently teaching our children about you. Lord change our hearts and the hearts of our children so that we will love you with all our hearts and souls. (Deut. 30:6) Let us always seek you first and store our treasures in heaven so that the desires of our hearts will be with you. (Luke 12:31&34) Help me not to be afraid or discouraged knowing that you go before me and will never fail or abandon me. (Deut 31:8) Allow me to have joy in my trials so that I will develope perseverance and become complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4) Shine light in my entire life Lord so that I would have no corners and my life would be radiant for you. (Luke 11:36) Apr 9th Thank you Lord for your words and your faithfulness. Heal me from this pain Lord if it's your will. If not, allow me to stand firm on your promises. To trust that this is all for my benefit. That you promise to work all things out for my good. (Rom 8:28) That you give me all I need at all times and that I will finish this race of my life well. (2 Corin 9:8) Apr 11th Help me remember to be humble, to only boast in you and all that you are. I want to be your disciple taking up my cross and following you. Apr 12th Thank you for your peace and your promises. TRUTH - The Lord wants me to walk in his strength! Pray more boldly and have the faith that God can do it! Apr 13th I am anxious in not knowing what to do. I don't want to be lazy but I know I have to slow down as God is directing me. Teach me Lord to number my days, to give every second of every minute to you. (Ps 90:12) The more I learn the more unworthy I feel. God you are so big. I want to be completely sold out for you! Apr 14th Joshua 9:14 "So the Isrealites examined their food, but they didn't consult the Lord" (you might need to read back a bit in Joshua to fully get this verse) How many times Lord do I "examine" something and lean on my own understanding and not consult you?! (Prov 3:5) Forgive me and forgive me for how I drag others down in my sin when I do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment