Sunday, April 15, 2012

Why now?

When we moved to San Antonio, Texas 4 years ago I thought about started a blog....but I didn't.  Then when we moved from Texas to Iowa last year I once again thought about starting a blog....but I didn't.  So why now?  Because I want to remember....I want my children to remember....remember everything the Lord is teaching us right now and in the days to come.  That is what the Lord commands us to do.  In Deuteronomy 6:5-12, we are told to love the Lord with all our hearts, soul, and strength.  We are to teach our children His commandments and impress them upon their hearts by talking about Him and His goodness at all times....sitting at home, walking down the road, first thing in the morning, and the last thing at night.  (Maybe today it would of also added "and blog about it"?!)  Then it goes on to say that after all these great things God has promised happens... be careful not to forget!  Do not forget it was the Lord who did all this all for you...not you!  How many times I think I am not like the Isrealites who forgot all God did....I mean they saw the Red Sea part....what more do you want?!  But I am the same!  So I want to use this blog to remember all God is doing.  I want my children to have something to help them remember and for anyone else who wants to read.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment